Sperry Federal Credit Union is a community-based financial institution serving Long Islanders for over 80 years.
Position Location: This position is based in our Garden City Park, New York Headquarters.
Reports To: Branch Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Members with intake application process of all Credit Union loans.
- Process wire transfers and stop payments, complete transfers of funds, and handle opening and closing of accounts, etc.
- Provide comprehensive advice during each Member interaction to create a positive Member Service experience, addressing Members’ financial needs.
- Ensure Members’ needs are handled timely and accurately, escalating issues as necessary.
- Engage Members in conversation regarding their current and future financial needs.
- Educate Members about Sperry Federal Credit Union products and services.
- Cross sell Sperry solutions to provide multi-services for Members and suggest referrals.
- Sell Members on value and benefits of suggested alternatives and close sales.
- Responsible for researching Member inquiries and complaints to provide adequate and timely solutions.
- Process all forms, documents, and data processing input associated with credit and debit card services.
- Handle special projects as required by management.
- College degree required.
- Prior financial background required – Credit Union a major plus.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- NMLS Certification or ability to secure within three months required.
- Notary Public Certification or willingness to obtain designation within three months necessary.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and Saturdays.
- Professional, courteous, and friendly demeanor required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Great follow-up skills essential to ensure Members’ satisfaction!
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
Sperry Federal Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.